Monday 12 March 2012

Starting From Scratch!!

Hi people,hope my post catches you all hail and hearty!

I plan to begin from scratch(this is the way I always like to do things). I have decided that I will follow the sequence which google follows in its "help section" which FYI is a great information building source (refer it for all your queries,then research and take it over from there itself).



True,It's A Bit Ambiguous for Beginners

As I build on a topic, I will try my level best to address those ambiguities which I myself faced and develop an understanding on the same in the easiest possible language or way. I have gone through all this myself and after hours of reading and researching on the same,talking with "google adwords reps" countless times in a day,I guess I can be of some help!

This Wont be An Adwords Help Section "Alter Ego"!


                                                                         LMAO!!


You can be rest assured of this fact,I ain't going to be what "Jo Calderone" is to "Lady Gaga"!! I would be talking and sharing much more than just building on the "adwords help section"(that is the endeavor at least)!

Without further adieu,lets begin.

Adwords Overview

The article (hyper linked above) mentions how "google adwords" facilitates advertisement with minimal budget and time constraints which is a bit of "overselling" in my eyes and sighting the huge annual revenues which it earns from it,sounds a bit of cliche!

One requires great investment of time,logic and of course money to stand any chance of a quality show on the platform and there is a minimum payment which one needs to make to start advertising and though its not much, once you make it you can spend it in running your ads.

You can check that out yourself from the "payment options and finder tool". Just select the country where your billing address is located and the currency you want to pay in(You will notice the minimum payment figure at the bottom).

There is a very unique discovery I made about the "payment options and finder tool" which I will discuss in later posts.So,watch out!

It also mentions the unique benefits which an advertiser can avail by advertising on Google, like:
 
* How google targets your "precious" ads to an audience who is specifically searching for the products and  services which an advertiser offers.

Insight:-

There are various good tools in the adwords interface itself which helps one to choose the most relevant keywords to trigger the ads but as far as the system automatically helping you finding the most relevant audience and choosing keywords for you, It's not true!

Google lays down infinite guidelines and tutorials on how to accomplish the same but there is no automatic targeting apart from an automatic bidding option.

* It mentions that an advertiser is free to target any part of the "google network" according to his advertisement needs which indeed is true and really beneficial.

* It states that the adwords system charges advertiser's only when their ad is clicked which is also known as the "Pay Per Click" model and also that there are other bidding options.

Insight :-

The Pay Per Click model is the most famous and favored advertising model and the other bidding options include:

CPM( Cost per thousand impressions) which is available if you "only" choose the display network for your advertising and the advertiser is charged for every 1000 impressions his ad accrue.

Note: You will see this bidding option only when you are opted into the display and display network only,so don't wonder if you have a campaign opted into the "google search" and "search partners" and the CPM option is no where to be found in the "Bidding and Budget" settings of the campaign!

e-CPC which is also known as Enhanced Cost Per Click is available when you have the "conversion optimizer" enabled in your account and website.We will talk about in future posts.

* It states that the actual cost per click is always less than the set Max CPC for a keyword courtesy the "adwords discounter" feature for CPCs and the "smart pricing" feature for placements.

*Also,there is no minimum spending limit in google adwords(needless to mention)!

*It also mentions that google targets 80% of the internet users in US, which is an outdated piece of statistic. The most recent comscore study says that the share of google properties in US in approx 66%. You guys can read more for yourself by clicking "here"



Gauche,I guess I have spoken too much here,sorry!! Actually, once I start it's real hard for me to stop,hope you guys wont mind.

And we will be building on all the terms mentioned in this post in future,so there is no need to panic.Don't worry,I wont forget,that is just not me!

Will carry on from here real soon,take care till then and keep researching.

Cheers!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment